Saturday, October 28, 2017

Yours truely





I remember their smells, colors, and textures. But most vividly, I remember feeling a sharp craving to understand these objects beyond my physical senses. So I made up stories about them, elaborate fantasies about what they were, what they used for, and who used them. With each story, I transported myself into the object, and the very boundaries between the object and myself became blurred. The experience was nothing short of magic. What is magic? I think of magic as an attempt of connecting with all that is beyond our understanding or capacity, and successfully creating a moment where one can believe that distance is overcome. My body of work thus far has been investigation of this idea of magic, the simultaneous lightness and heaviness that is created when the imagined is labored into the physical realm. The act of making becomes an action of physical wish fulfillment. 



performance with net
2017